Eat Mexico offers small, intimate tours of Central Mexico street food, tacos and markets, as well as English-language cooking classes by request. We hand-pick vendors and stands to bring you some of this country’s tastiest food — some of which not even the residents know about. We currently offer tours in Puebla and Mexico City.
On each tour, our local, bilingual guides teach the history of what you’re eating, as well as the proper social and cultural context. Most of our tours also include a lot of walking (it’s helpful in digesting the food!), so it’s best if you’re comfortable with a moderate amount of physical activity.
Eat Mexico does not present a watered-down, touristy version of Mexican food. Eat Mexico shows you — and lets you revel in — real Mexican food.
Before you book a tour, you should know…
- All prices are in U.S. dollars.
- The price does not include hotel pick-up or drop-off, but we’re happy to provide that for an extra fee.
- Our tours are designed as an introduction to Mexican food. If you’re already knowledgeable about Mexican cuisine, we can create a custom-designed tour for you that will suit your needs.
- We don’t carry a list of ongoing tour dates because our tours are designed to fit your schedule. (Check out our FAQ for further info.)
- Our tours can be either public or private. A public tour means you’re open to people joining you (our group size will never exceed four persons). Private means you’ll have the guide all to yourself, and those tours carry a small extra cost ($10 USD).
- Only one tour is offered on Sundays: Mexico City Market + Tacos. Email us for more information.
For a quick look at our tour prices, check out our Rates page. Please read our Terms & Conditions page before booking your tour!